Why Chiropractic is not all about back pain!
The first chiropractic adjustment was given in 1895 to “cure” deafness. The founder of Chiropractic, DD Palmer adjusted Harvey Lillard who then regained his hearing. Many of the subsequent adjustments during the 1910’s and 1920’s were given to “cure” the flu. So is Chiropractic a cure for deafness or the flu? Absolutely not! In fact, chiropractic is not a “cure” for anything. Chiropractic was actually founded on the following principles:
1. The nervous system co-ordinates the expression of health in the body
2. The function of the spine has a direct influence on the function of the nervous system
3. Chiropractic is about optimising the function of the spine, to optimise the function of the nervous system so that an individual can function at their highest potential
The absence of noticeable symptoms is not a reason to not check the spine. Symptoms are often the last thing to appear and the first thing to go By improving the function of the nervous system we can affect individuals overall health and wellbeing, physically, emotionally and mentally.
Through impacting on how you hold yourself, it can influence your posture and hence your sense of self. Not only may this affect your self-esteem, it may change how other people perceive you. Consequently opportunities may be missed personally and professionally.
People use Chiropractic at many levels, for some, pain or disability is affecting how they live their life. It’s stopping them from carrying out their job or looking after their family. They may be suffering with a disease or condition and this is not only affecting physical performance, it’s impacting on how they feel or think. Or they may have no specific symptoms, but want to optimise their performance and lead a richer, healthier life.
Chiropractic can be used in several different ways:
1. Short term symptomatic care
2. Reconstructive care to significantly improve the function of the spine, and improve on physical, emotional and mental function
3. Regular wellness care, using each chiropractic adjustment to improve the function of the nervous system to enhance health and optimise performance
On your first visit to A Chiropractic Touch
Dr Emir Lervy DC will provide a full consultation, followed by a thorough examination to identify the areas causing the problem. Adjustments are then delivered to these areas, freeing the tension in the joints and restoring the body’s natural patterns.